Saturday, June 9, 2012

Harder than I thought

After much deliberation, I have narrowed my wardrobe down to seven clothes for the week.  (Wondering what I'm doing? Read this and/or this.  Wondering why I'm doing this?  Amy Bennett at Permission to Peruse explains it well here.)


Here is my list in no particular order:


One tan tank top
One pair of blue shorts
One pair of work out shirts
One gray T-shirt
Green sundress
Sandals
Tennis Shoes


My initial thought was to go for mix and match, but then realized there isn't a whole lot of mix-and-matching to be done with seven items--especially when workout clothes take up three of those items.  However, since I am counting my workout clothes, I've decided not to count my bathing suit should we go swimming this week.  It's really more like underwear which also doesn't count, right?


I also considered leaving the sandals out and going barefoot when I didn't want to wear tennis shoes, but I have a couple of things this week that I need to look somewhat presentable for (hence the sundress) and I don't want to wear my pink and neon green work out shoes to those appointments.  All of this to say I thought this would be easier as I am not a fashonista.


During this week I am also going to be purging our clothes closets, again, and my dresser drawers which always seem to get overlooked.  I have some other long-term ideas regarding wardrobes floating around in my head, but I think I will save those for the wrap-up post at the end of this week.


For now, I will tell you that I am wondering what my hubby's reaction will be if I ask him to choose seven of his favorite T-shirts and get rid of the rest...

2 comments:

  1. I'm really flying by the seat of my pants with this one (pun not intended, but I'm glad that it's there!) I haven't thought this all out too well, and tomorrow starts my "clothes" week. I have a job interview on Wednesday, so it's going to be a bit harder. I approve your not counting the bathing suit (I'm considering not including an extra pair of shoes because of the interview.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl - I'm still having temper-tantrums over this clothes issue. Plus, I've decided not to wash my clothes, so . . . HOW MUCH LONGER???

    http://positivelyalene.com

    ReplyDelete